Elementary Parish School of Religion - PSR
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...
Saint Joseph PSR strives to present the authentic and complete message of Jesus Christ and His Church to all children with the intent to open each individual learner to a growing realization and grateful response to the love relationship with God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Our objective is to present the Catholic teaching to our children with these principles in mind:
- building community spirit in each classroom.
- helping individual children grow toward a greater maturity of faith and understanding.
- helping each individual learner become familiar with his/her Christian Catholic heritage be providing a thorough curriculum through instruction.
- leading and guide individuals in prayer and ways of reflecting about his/her faith development and faith life.
- helping all children build the Church, the Body of Christ, by responding to the Gospel message of witness and service.
Days and Times of PSR Classes
PSR Office Hours
Home Study for Grades Kindergarten- 5
MONDAY-THURSDAY, 9:00 AM- 3:30 PM
*In the case of Inclement weather, Saint Joseph PSR will cancel classes based on Cobb County school closings. Also, we post on WSB Channel 2- Storm Watch.
First Reconciliation and First Communion
For most students, foundational catechesis is completed in 1st Grade. Immediate preparation and reception is completed in 2nd Grade.
Visit the Sacrament pages for more information.
PSR Sacrament Links
Kendra Lockhart, Elementary PSR Coordinator 770-422-5633 X52 or [email protected]
Yvonne Waits, PSR Administrative Assistant 770-422-5633 X55 or [email protected]