What's Happening At Our Parish?
Camp out with us!
Inquiry Sessions have started!
Calling All Saint Joseph Men!
Gospel of Mark Series
Rev. Mr. Randall John Ory
- Married for nearly 40 years to the wonderful Lynn Ory
- Parents of 2 lovely daughters and 2 fantastic granddaughters
- Originally from New Orleans, Louisiana // have lived in Snellville for 22 years
- Fervent fan of our beloved New Orleans Saints and LSU Tigers
- Parishioners at St Oliver Plunkett in Snellville for 22 years
- Ordained to the Permanent Diaconate in Feb 2017
- Earned Masters of Theological Studies from Spring Hill College in 2001
- Taught Religion & Theology courses in 2 different college settings (Introduction to World Religions at Georgia Perimeter College (2004-2007) and Introduction to New Testament at St Leo University (2008-2009)
- Presently Director of Liturgy at St Oliver Plunkett Catholic Church (2016-present)
- Formerly Director of Adult Faith Formation at St Oliver Plunkett (2003-2008)
- Primary Adult Faith Formation Catechist at St Oliver Plunkett (1996-present)
- Delivered Adult Faith Formation Programs across the Archdiocese of Atlanta for the last 22 years on various subjects, including: Sacred Scripture, American Religious History, Church Teaching and Ignatian Spirituality
- Extremely fond of St Ignatius of Loyola and Ignatian Spirituality: have made over 35 annual silent retreats at Manresa Retreat House in Louisiana, recently completed my first 8-day silent retreat (April 2018) and recently completed instructional practicums at Montserrat Retreat House in Texas to begin to ready myself to preach silent retreats in the tradition of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola
- Devoted student of the New Testament, particularly the 4 canonical Gospels, and most particularly the Gospel of St Mark. Created my first parish presentation in 1994 in New Orleans focused on the Themes of St Mark’s Gospel. Have a particular affection for both the academic study of Sacred Scripture (World Behind the Text) and the experiential, spiritual power of Scripture in our lives (World in Front of the Text).
Save the Date!
9:00 AM- 4:30 PM Monday - Friday.
For sacramental emergencies after hours, please contact our answering service at 877-858-7305
Welcome to Saint Joseph Catholic Church!
I want to welcome you to Saint Joseph Catholic Church. Since I arrived here, I have been impressed with the welcome of the people, the activities of the parish, and the quality of the liturgies. It is a faith community full of energy, enthusiasm, and, most importantly, people who want to serve the Lord and one another. I believe that you will also find Saint Joseph to be a wonderful parish!
Most of all, I look forward to getting to know you. I pray that as we walk on our journey together here at Saint Joseph, we will continue to grow in the Lord. If I can assist you in any way, please feel free to contact me.
Yours in Christ,
Monsignor John Walsh, Pastor
How do I become Catholic?
Are you interested in finding out more about the Catholic Church? Have you been away from the Church for a while? We have opportunities for you to find out more about our faith! Contact our Director of Adult Formation: Laura Fenton firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!