Liturgy Commission Chair: Marla Jones
Ministry Lead: Ann Wolf | [email protected] | (770) 422-1752
A group of parishioners who are responsible for washing and ironing corporals, purificators, and finger towels in the church and chapel. Instructions provided. Commitment once every three months! We are in need of a new leader for this ministry.
Altar Servers and St. Peter's Nets
Ministry Lead: Karen Holton | [email protected] | (678) 428-1503
Young women and men in fourth grade and up, who are baptized and have received their First Communion are trained to assist the presider and deacon during Mass and liturgical events. The training sessions occur each fall and newly-trained servers are added to the roster beginning in January.
Church Flowers & Environment
Ministry Lead: Edda Grant | [email protected] | (770) 656-9452
This group provides altar flowers for the church, two chapels, and Our Lady of Guadalupe. We also maintain all indoor plants in the church and chapels. We need volunteers to help make floral arrangements, water plants, and decorate for Christmas and Easter.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion [Mass]
Ministry Lead: Dolores Dincer | [email protected] | (770) 427-4830
The Extraordinary Minister is a layperson commissioned by the Archbishop to assist in the distribution of Holy Communion during the Liturgy as well as to serve the homebound, hospital patients, and the elderly. Attendance at a training workshop sanctioned by the Archdiocese is mandatory prior to participation in this ministry. The candidate for commissioning must fulfill the following canonical requirements: Be at least 16 years old and have received the Sacrament of Confirmation. If applicable, they must have a valid Catholic marriage. The commitment time for this ministry is two to three weekends per month.
Ministry Lead: Kim Benson | [email protected] | (770) 422-5633 ext.26
The Family Mass (a mass tailored to families of younger children) is celebrated at the 9:00 AM Mass every second Sunday of the month. Children take part in the readings, help usher and are called to the altar to hear the Gospel and Homily. Please note this ministry will resume when it is safe to do so.
Ministry Lead: Katy Crowson | [email protected]
Volunteers perform a vital role during the Mass by proclaiming the Word of God. They also serve as Commentators, assist in making announcements and proclaiming the Intercessions. Training is required. Lectors spend time becoming familiar with the readings prior to their scheduled service date. This varies from person to person. Workshops lasting two to three hours are held annually.
Ministry Lead: Martha Trimbach | [email protected] | (770) 422-5633 ext.62
- 7:30 ADULT CONTEMPORARY ENSEMBLE provides music for the 7:30am (or 7:00am during the pandemic) Sunday Mass. Open to all adults with audition.
- 9:00 ADULT CONTEMPORARY CHIOR provides music for the 9:00am Sunday Mass.
- CHANCEL CHOIR provides music for the 10:45am (or 11:00am during the pandemic) Sunday Mass from September through May with rehearsals on Wednesdays from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. Rehearsal are currently on hold due to the pandemic. Audition required.
- 12:30 ADULT CONTEMPORARY CHIOR provides music for the 12:30pm Sunday Mass. During the pandemic, this choir fills in at other Masses as there is no 12:30pm Mass during this time.
- RESURRECTION CHOIR provides music for most funerals. The group meets 45 minutes prior to a funeral Mass and is open to all adults. This choir is not active during the pandemic.
- LIFE TEEN BAND provides music for the 5:30pm Life Teen Mass.
- SEASONAL CHILDREN'S CHOIR provides music for the Christmas and Easter Children's Masses and is open to all 1st through 6th graders.
If you're interested in participating in the Music Ministry, please e-mail Martha Trimbach, the Director of Music.
Ministry Lead: Art Renteria | [email protected] | (678) 354-1088
Volunteers set up the Chapel, or Church, for daily Masses at 8:00 AM and noon. This includes preparing the readings, prayers, credence table, selecting lectors, extraordinary ministers and assisting the Priest. Training is provided.
Ministry Lead: Larry Burke (temp. coordinator) | [email protected]
Our Ushers are often the first to meet and greet parishioners and visitors at Mass each weekend, and are therefore an important part of making everyone feel welcomed and valued at Saint Joseph. Ushers welcome and seat parishioners, provide information for those seeking assistance, and help as needed during the Liturgy. The time commitment is one hour weekly. Ushers occasionally serve at other events.